Welcome to our little lunchtime getaway

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A man and his man-bag

 The Plight of the man that wishes to relieve his every day essentials problems, but cannot seem to find his place in western culture. Does this sound like any of you? Maybe, but probably not. However, this is a dilemma I will be having come, wait for it, 28 days till we head across the pond.. (Yes already have my traveled snobbery down a month before I even leave.)
 For too long have we been told that we men should just deal with the things we need to carry by some means other than a cows ass by our side. I don't understand this, are we to carry our things around like a St. Bernard fetching the morning paper, or maybe to continue to look like traveling hobos with our dashboards looking like an office desk after your 6 year old nephew came for visit  at work for "family day", yeah family day, when did uncles become a part of that teachers paid holiday.

During better ages, men like Da Vinci, Freud, and Einstein, all carried around bags so they could have the things they needed to do work. Yes, that's right not everything brilliant idea is written on some McDonald's napkin at 2am with special sauce (2 parts ketchup, 1 part mayo, and one part David's hair gel from his date will Jenny before his shift. Could you imagine if Einstein was too scared to have a carry-all because he seen a re-run of friends last week when Joey tried the 'manbag', BOOM, right there no theory of relativity.. Right there if that didnt happen what smart things would the guys from Big Bang Theory have to say that only 2% of the viewers get anyway. So, now that we are going overseas, I am formally announcing that I will be carrying a 'manbag' with me, because guess what!?I like to read,  I have crap to write about and stuff to draw, and maybe its a little difficult to carry all that crap, and not want to look like someone from Amazing Race carrying my huge backpack everywhere, along with half a library in my hand. Oh and readers I may wear the thing when I get back too, so yeah get over it..  Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment