Welcome to our little lunchtime getaway

Saturday, January 8, 2011

'The Final Countdown'

"Na Ne Na Na Na Ne Na Ne Na, Duh duh Dah duh duh duh duh DaDa".. No I am not talking about the wee seconds remaining in the Colts, Jets game, which, by the way the Colts just kicked a field goal to go up  couple points, but if it wasnt for my internet I would have absolutly no clue about this becasue cable is gone and if you know me, then you know it is a major accomplishment  to not be watching these games.. Can you believe Seattle won! Holy crap! So, the final countdown actually has to do with the fact that we leave in 5 days! A mere work week worth of hours till We are gone! The last week as been zooming by due to the fact that we have been mass packing and attempting to clean at the same time. ( Side note: Jets just won on  last second field goal.) We have just the odds and ends remaining and are right on schedual to have everything ready and get on our way to Paris.
    So our first true update actually is the extended weather report that has us arriving with a day of partly cloudy skies Thursday, and light rain up until Monday. We purchased a Paris Pass that starts the first Monday we get there, so up until then we are free, so if anyone has any advice feel free to give it because we would love to hear it.  We are also going to try and post at least one video before we go to hopefully get everyone use to trying it out so you can experience what we are doing through the video portion of the blog..
  Oh, my first big mistake of the trip came with purchasing our Eurobus tickets.. I thought by getting a 15 days of travel pass I was purchasing !5 actual days of bus travel, but however it turns out that it is only 15 calendar days of available travel. That came as a big surprise, and one very loud curse at my computer. Luckily I finally caught on after I only purchased mine, so at least whatever we do we will be cautious of that.. $300 not wasted, but vastly misspent. 
 So now that I have told people across the world my basic intelligence level, we would really like to take the time to thank everyone who has helped make this trip possible for us along the way. From Randy and Carol (family) with all there great travel advice and amazing knowledge, you guys truly are the best travel agents anyone could imagine, and there will not be a time we don't go through you to do any traveling. My old friend Clayton, who has always given me a perception of possibility because he did this himself long before I imagined I could, and has been a constant positive influence in this experience as well as making me jealous every time he shares a new picture of his amazing world travels. Jana, who lets us know all the time that she has been to all 7 continents, but whose travel advice literally soars above anyone's I have read in a book or ever heard talk about any country. Christiane, who came out of no where to already become a great friend and an influence on our travels. Her advice has lead us already to a better journey and I am sure as days go along it will continue to be indispensable. I hope she will be one our many life long friends and travel companions we will meet along the way.. Plus, I am hoping she can get to a place where I can buy Birks that actually say 'made in Germany' in German. Emily, with Van Gooey Cakes who was like the energizer bunny, she came with boxes, trucks, travel advice, food and anything else this girl could possibly get her hands on.. I felt like she was my personal 'Red' from Shawshank Redemption.. I mean if you needed something this girl can get it for you, probably really even a rock hammer and poster of Rita Hayworth. There have been countless others who have helped us along they way and I appreciate every single one of you and hopefully you all will have some type of enjoyment with us along the way. Because while we may be physically going to these places, all of you will be with us in spirit because you have been pathways to greater knowledge on this journey and that is something that will be engraved in us and that is priceless. Thank you everyone and good night... Get em' next year Peyton.

No comments:

Post a Comment