Welcome to our little lunchtime getaway

Sunday, January 30, 2011

pizza pizza

Really quickly, all we have eaten in 3 days is pizza and gelato and I love every minute of it. Slices cost a euro and gelato less than 2. I don't care if its unhealthy is damn good. EXXXXXcept for when I just casually ordered slices and didn't really think about it and ended up with one slice having shrimp, lettuce and thousand island sauce, and one with tuna and tomatoes with mayo and red sauce... I still feel queasy at the thought. However, it was still cheap and I loved it. There is really quite a difference here when you can eat out for far cheaper than cooking in. Quite a concept... So we will let you know when the kitchen finally gets used, or whenever Christy will have to drive me to the hospital for heart failure from all the grease.. MMMMMMM grease.  I am going to do my best to not actually tell you the exact city we are in, because this place is a treasure.. Tourists don't need to know about it... I cannot believe the isolated beauty the surrounds us. Everyone, like Paris (except frenchy :) ) has been so nice to us. One reason being that we attempt to speak the language first and foremost, and the other reason being because Christy is beautiful and who doesn't want to accommodate an beautiful woman. We are driving a Fiat around for a dirt cheap price for two weeks, which has me feeling like I am in the car chase scene from 'Ronin', but there is no way I am driving in Rome. When we took the bus to get to the train station in Rome we chose to sit right up in front, and I swear I almost had a heart attack. People drive F#@*n crazy here. Honestly though, its my type of people, aggressive driving and no real rules, just get somewhere and don't kill anyone. I swear, I really am starting to get the real humor behind 'National Lampoons Euro Vacation', before I left I thought it was kind of lame humor to have someone walking into your room unexpectedly in the middle of the night(which happened to us in Paris), I thought it was dumb humor when Clark hit the same guy driving in multiple countries (which Christy is sure I will do before the trip is over)... Talk about an 'ah-ha' moment.. Next thing you know, I am going to be in Germany and start an accidental fight and have the whole village chasing after me.. Don't worry Christiane I am not projecting.. So I'll keep everyone updated on that. I want to thank Clay again for all the advice on renting the car, getting lost for fun, and just enjoying the abundance of food, and the people, is it fantastic. More pictures to come soon, and I am sure Christy will please you all soon enough with her thoughts, I know you all love them.. :)   Have a great day and we will be up early to try and burn off some of the 5000 calories we ate today.. Forget 'Eat,Pray,Love', this is Eat,Sleep, Eat...

Buy Menen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so wonderful. The picture of the houses on the hillside with the ocean in the background is so amazing. I am so happy to be living this thru you guys. Awesome stuff. Have fun, why am I even saying that -- it's a given! Bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete