Welcome to our little lunchtime getaway

Monday, January 17, 2011

I am no Clark Griswald

So after spending several hours at the Louvre (yes I have been spelling it wrong the whole time) we maybe saw about a fifth of what they have to offer. The reason for this is that I am always hearing stories about people visiting and only seeing a little or rushing through it just to get it done. That also reminded me of the old National Lampoons "Euro Vacation". Yes you know the one I am talking about, the movie where the Griswalds dress as pigs on a game show and win a trip to Paris, Rome, and a few other random places in Europe. I always remember a scene were it has them in fast forward side stepping through the Louvre, and I cant stand that.. So I made it a point to take my sweet time. Christy and I, Christy even more than myself, have a great appreciation for art, and its meaning in culture and thoroughly enjoyed the things we saw today. I probably looked at over a thousand statues and artifacts today and like I said only saw a small portion of what they have to offer. I am looking forward to going back there asap to finish off the museum and to get a chance to draw and really let the feel that is in the museum inspire me.  Without getting ahead of myself, it is really getting me excited to get to Italy. Rome being Fantastic, but Florence being the birth place of the Renaissance through the Medici family. Also known as the age of enlightenment. Ahh soon enough.  So Christy already told you about the things we will be doing tomorrow, so there is no need to repeat. So we are about to call it a night as you call it a morning and a holiday. I hope everyone is enjoying it, and maybe we will see you soon, or not.. More to come..

No comments:

Post a Comment